How to buy Renfe tickets online
Thanks to the fast, modern and comfortable trains in Spain, traveling between destinations as Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, and Seville has never been so enjoyable. From the magnificent mountains of Andalusia to the delicious cuisine of the Basque Country – the vibrant culture of Spain is best experienced during a train adventure!
The Spanish train operator is Renfe. Renfe runs the high-speed trains called AVE, as well as local trains throughout the country. Read more about Renfe here: www.renfe.com. To travel by train, as anywhere else, you need a valid ticket. Luckily for us, these are just a few clicks away. If you need help to get on and off the train because you are in a wheelchair you need to request a so-called ‘H-seat’. This means you are placed in a designated area where you can stay seated in the comfort of your own chair.
How to arrange Renfe train tickets?
How does it work?
To purchase your train tickets, you go to the Renfe website: http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html
- Traveling in your own wheelchair and in need of an H-seat.
- A person in a folding wheelchair traveling in a regular zone.
- Having a hearing or visual disability, with or without guide/assistance dog.
- A person with displacement difficulties.
Follow these steps to buy your Renfe tickets:
Get inspired, continue reading
- Wheelchair Accessible Cultural Highlights of Spain
- Explore Disabled Accessible Travel’s destinations
- Accessibility guide of Acropolis and Museum
- Disabled Accessible Travel Expands Accessibility Services with Launch of Mobile App ‘accessaloo’
- Wheelchair Accessible Transfers
- Accessibility of St. Petersburg
- Mobility Equipment Rentals
- 7 Wheelchair-friendly Restaurants in Barcelona
- Everything You Need To Know About Tipping In Europe
- Nova Icaria And 4 Other Accessible Beaches Barcelona Has To Offer
- Accessibility guide Alhambra
- Accessible Train Tickets in Spain – Renfe
- Accessible islands in Europe
- Top 8 Accessible Destinations in Europe
- Accessibility guide Parliament Budapest
- A useful guide to European toilet keys
Step 1: Fill in your travel details
Step 2: Select your outward journey
Step 3: Select your return
Step 4: Select Solicitud Atendo
Let Disabled Accessible Travel take care of it
If you do not want to make the purchase yourself or if you find difficulties, we are collaborating with a local Spanish party to make the purchase of train tickets with an H-seating hassle free. In order to check availability and costs, we need the following information:
- Full names of all passengers
- Origin and destination point
- Preferred travel dates + times
- Total number of tickets
- What kind of assistance you need
Please note, this does mean that there is a surcharge of € 6.05 per ticket for the agency, plus our intermediary fee to cover for time spent. The tickets will be emailed to you prior to departure in pdf. You will need to print these and take with you to show to the staff. The tickets are not reserved, these need to be bought and are non-refundable.